Due to the ongoing uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re making some adjustments to this year’s flu vaccinations clinics. Flu vaccines for patients over the age of 65 are available from 11th September and for those under 65 we are expecting them to arrive with us in October.
Ideally, patients who have booked appointments at the practice for other reasons will be offered their flu vaccination at this time. If you know that you are eligible, feel free to mention this when you arrive for you appointment and we will try to provide your vaccination during the consultation.
In addition, we will be offering pre-bookable appointments for patients aged 65 and above on the mornings or Saturday 12th and 26th September (and potentially further clinics for those under 65 beyond this). Please call reception on 0113 2953666 to book your appointment.
Unfortunately we will not be able to administer your flu vaccine if you do not have a booked appointment.
The Practice will be adhering to the strict government guidelines. All staff will be wearing the appropriate PPE and social distancing will be maintained at all times.
What you need to know:
• The number of patients in the building will be limited and the waiting area will not be in use. This may mean that you are required to queue in the car park until you are called for your appointment.
• Please come alone to your appointment, where possible. If you do require a chaperone, please discuss this with the receptionist when booking your appointment.
• You will not be seen earlier than your appointment time so please come on time for your appointment.
• There will be no parking available in the Practice car park, please use the on street parking or walk if you are able to.
• A member of staff will meet you at the car park entrance. They will check your temperature and ask you to sanitise your hands on arrival.
• Bring a face covering/mask to your appointment.
• A one way system will be in operation.
• There will be no toilet facilities available at the Practice.
• There may be a short period of time where you will be required to stand and queue in the car park, it may be necessary to bring an umbrella or a hooded jacket.
• Your appointment will be for you to receive your flu vaccine only. The clinician will not be able to discuss any other issues with you nor will you be able to book/cancel appointments or collect prescriptions.
Due to the set-up of the clinics, if you feel that this is not suitable for you, please let the reception team know and we will make alternative arrangements for you to receive your flu vaccination.